L L-Shaped Angle
On This Page
Joist Framing Connectors
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Joist Framing Connectors. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Reinforcing and Skewable Angles, Rigid Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The L angle is a general utility-reinforcing connector with multiple uses. The durable design and fastening options of these load-rated skewable angles make them an ideal option compared to field-fabricated clip angles. The L angle has well-defined fastener locations, and testing ensures that the tabulated load values account for connection eccentricities.
- Staggered fastener pattern reduces the possibility for splitting when attaching to wood
- Available in multiple sizes to ensure proper selection for the specific use
- Load rated for wood and cold-formed steel applications
- 54 mil (16 ga.)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners
- Stud/joist must be constrained against rotation when using a single L per connection.
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
- Corrosion Information
- Loads are for one part only.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance