S/LBV, S/B and S/BA Hangers
The S/BA is a cost-effective alternative to heavier, special-order hangers. It is value engineered and tested to achieve higher allowable loads and increased performance. It may be fastened with screws or powder-actuated fasteners or welded to the header, providing more design options and greater versatility.
S/LBV and S/B top-flange hangers are manufactured with precision forming and quality control, providing dimensional accuracy and helping to ensure proper bearing area and connection.
- S/LBV, S/BA — 68mil (14 ga.); S/B — 97mil (12 ga.)
- S/LBV, S/B, and S/BA may be used for weld-on applications; a minimum of 1/8" x 2" fillet weld on each top flange is required. Distribute the weld equally on both top flanges. Consult the code for special consideration when welding galvanized steel. Uplift loads do not apply.
- S/BA may be installed using PDPAT-62KP (0.157" x 5/8") powderactuated fasteners. Steel headers with thicknesses between 1/4" and 3/4" having minimum Fy – 36 ksi. A Red (level 5) or Purple (level 6) powder load may be required to achieve specified penetration (p).
- S/LBV and S/B series (max. width = 5 1/2") can be skewed to a maximum of 45 degrees.
S/LBV, S/B and S/BA HangersT-CF-HNGR1SB16Submittal/substitution request for S/LBV, S/B and S/BA hangers for cold-formed steel construction.Submittal
Submittal/Substitution Request CoverT-CF-CWCSUB16This editable cover sheet allows for the easy completion of submittal/substitution request forms for Simpson Strong-Tie cold-formed steel connectors.Submittal
- Designer shall ensure that the joist member adequately transfers load to hanger.
- Cold-formed steel / steel-beam header must be braced to prevent buckling per Designer specification.
- Powder-actuated fasteners may be installed in up to 3/8" steel headers having a minimum Fy=36,000 psi.
- Load is based on using the Simpson Strong-Tie® PDPAT-62KP powder-actuated fastener and a minimum Red (level 5) powder load.
- Tabulated loads are based on testing with full bearing of 2 1/2" flange-depth minimum with 68 mil (14 ga) CFS for S/LBV and S/BA hanger and 97 mil (12 ga) CFS for S/B hanger.
Product Information Tables
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|S/B||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|S/BA||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|S/LBV1.56||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV1.81||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV2.06||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV2.37||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV2.56||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV2.68||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV3.12||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV3.56||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV3.62||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV4.06||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV4.12||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV4.28||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV4.75||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|S/LBV5.50||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|