The S/B installs to structural steel or cold-formed steel beams for support of cold-formed steel joists. The design provides dimensional accuracy and helps to ensure proper bearing area and connection. These modifiable, high-capacity, top-flange hangers are manufactured with precision forming and quality control.
- May be used for weld or PAF applications to structural steel; screws to CFS
- Can be skewed to a maximum of 45°
- These load-rated hangers have been tested and code listed
- May be used for weld-on applications; a minimum of 1/8" x 2" fillet weld on each top flange is required. Distribute the weld equally on both top flanges. Consult the code for special consideration when welding galvanized steel. Uplift loads do not apply.
Skew hanger limitations:
- S/B series (max. width = 5 1/2") can be skewed to a maximum of 45°