On This Page
The S/LBV installs to structural steel or cold-formed steel beams for support of cold-formed steel joists. The design provides dimensional accuracy and helps to ensure proper bearing area and connection. These modifiable, high-capacity, top-flange hangers are manufactured with precision forming and quality control.
- May be used for weld or PAF applications to structural steel; screws to CFS
- Can be skewed to a maximum of 45°
- These load-rated hangers have been tested and code listed
- 68mil (14 ga.)
- Galvanized (G90)
- May be used for weld-on applications; a minimum of 1/8" x 2" fillet weld on each top flange is required. Distribute the weld equally on both top flanges. Consult the code for special consideration when welding galvanized steel. Uplift loads do not apply.
Skew hanger limitations:
- S/LBV series (max. width = 5 1/2") can be skewed to a maximum of 45°
Product Information Tables
Standard Hanger Sizes
Standard size ordering:
Joist 800S162-54 using an S/LBV hanger.
Hanger Modification Options — Custom Height and Skewable
Custom ordering example:
Joist 800S162-54 using S/LBV hanger skewed right 20°.
Load Capacity S/LBV Hangers
- Designer shall ensure that the joist member adequately transfers load to hanger. Header must be braced to prevent buckling per designer specification.
- Load is based on the Simpson Strong-Tie PDPAT-62KP (0.157" x 5/8") powder-actuated fasteners. Steel headers with thicknesses between 1/4" and 3/4" having minimum Fy = 36 ksi. A Red (level 5) or Purple (level 6) powder load may be required to achieve specified penetration.
- Tabulated loads are based on testing with full bearing of 2 1/2" flange-depth minimum with 68 mil (14 ga.) CFS for S/LBV.
- S/LBV2.12 and S/LBV4.18 bearing depth dimension, B, are 3", others S/LBV hanger sizes are 2 1/4".
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance