SJC Steel-Joist Connector
On This Page
Joist Framing Connectors
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Joist Framing Connectors. You can also view product information related to the category: Rigid Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
SJC connectors have been specifically designed for various CFS joist, rafter and underside of metal-deck applications. The unique clip dimensions enable easy installation on the open side of joists and rafters with up to 3 1/2" flanges and return lips up to 3/4". For metal-deck applications, the prepunched 3/8" holes easily accommodate 6", 8", 10" and 12" on-center metal-deck flutes.
- Prepunched holes reduce installation cost by eliminating predrilling
- Intuitive fastener hole positions ensure accurate clip installation in accordance with design, support a wide range of design and application requirements and provide installation flexibility
- Angle lengths accommodate either hard-side or soft-side attachment for joists with return lips up to 3/4"
- 4 1/2" leg length enables soft-side connections for joists with flanges up to 3 1/2"
- Also accommodates kicker-to-metal-deck applications
- SJC — 68 mil (50 ksi); MSJC — 97 mil (50 ksi)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners/anchors
- For 6" and 8" joists: SSC connectors are recommended
- US Patent D,730,545
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MSJC10.25-R15||97||12||10 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||15|
|MSJC8.25-R15||97||12||8 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||15|
|SJC10.25-R15||68||14||10 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||15|
|SJC8.25-R15||68||14||8 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||15|
SJC Connectors — CFS to CFS Allowable Loads (lb.)
- Min. fastener quantity and load values — fill all round holes; Max. fastener quantity and load values — fill all round and triangular holes; Inner fastener quantity and load values — see illustration and image gallery for fastener placement.
- Allowable loads are based on bracing of the members located within 12" of the connection.
- Maximum allowable load for connector that may not be exceeded when designing custom installations. Designer is responsible for member and fastener design.
- For 6" and 8" joists, SSC connectors are recommended.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance