This series of purlin hangers offers the greatest design flexibility and versatility.
- Stirrup — 97 mil (12 ga.)
- Simpson Strong‑Tie® gray paint. Some models available hot-dip galvanized; specify HDG. See Corrosion Information.
- Hangers may be welded to steel headers with 1/8" for W and 3/16" for WP by 1 1/2" fillet welds located at each end of the top flange
- W and H dimensions are modifiable
Sloped and/or Skewed Seat
- W/WP series may be skewed to a maximum of 84° and/or sloped to a maximum of 45°.
- For slope only, skew only, or slope and skew combinations, the allowable load is 100% of the table load.
- Specify the slope up or down in degrees from the horizontal plane and/or the skew right or left in degrees from the perpendicular vertical plane. Specify whether low side, high side or center of joist will be flush with the top of the header.
Wood Construction Connectors CatalogC-C-2017Complete product and application information, as well as load tables and installation information, for more than 3,000 wood-to-wood, wood-to-concrete and wood-to-masonry connectors.Catalog
W Hanger Special Order WorksheetT-W-WS06This worksheet simplifies the ordering of special order W hangers.Worksheet
Sloped Joist in Non-Sloped HangersT-C-SLOPEJST17A one-page technical bulletin discussing the performance of non-sloped hangers used to support a sloped joist. It includes reduction factors for B, ITS, HU and welded-series hangers.Technical Bulletin
Top-Flange Hanger Reductions For Multiple-Ply HeadersT-C-MPLYHEADR16A one-page flier discussing reduction factors for top-flange hangers installed on multi-ply headers.Technical Bulletin
Show 2 MoreShow Less
- For hanger heights exceeding the joist height, the allowable load is 0.50 of the table value.
- The Designer shall ensure that the joist member adequately transfers load to the hanger.
- Not all combinations of W, H, and B dimensions are available. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- See more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|W||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|WP||See specific model numbers for code listings.|