MST Medium Strap Tie
On This Page
Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps. You can also view product information related to the category: Straight Straps
The MST is designed to resist tension loads in floor-to-floor and other applications. This high-capacity strap features a dense fastener hole pattern. The MST is a load-rated, precut strap designed for quick installation and optimal performance.
- Can be used in conjunction with embedded purlin anchor (PA) straps for additional length
- Designed to resist wind and seismic forces
- See table
- Galvanized. Some products are available in stainless steel, ZMAX® coating or black powder coat (add PC to SKU); contact Simpson Strong-Tie. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- Corrosion Information
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MST27||97||12||2 1/16||27||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MST27HDG||97||12||2 1/16||27||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|MST37||97||12||2 1/16||37||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MST37HDG||97||12||2 1/16||37||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|MST48||97||12||2 1/16||48||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MST48HDG||97||12||2 1/16||48||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|MST60||118||10||2 1/16||60||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MST60HDG||118||10||2 1/16||60||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|MST72||118||10||2 1/16||72||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Use half of the fasteners in each member being connected to achieve the listed loads.
- Loads are based on lesser of steel capacity or fastener calculation.
- Not all fastener holes need to be filled, as additional fastener holes are provided. Install fasteners symmetrically.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance