ST Strap Tie
On This Page
Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps. You can also view product information related to the category: Straight Straps
The ST is designed to resist tension loads in a variety of applications. This economical strap tie is ideal for installation where top or bottom tracks are cut, at wall intersections and as ridge ties. The ST is load-rated, precut strap designed for quick installation and optimal performance.
- Engineered to resist wind and seismic forces
- Precut straps for ease of installation
- See table
- Galvanized. Some products are available in stainless steel, ZMAX® coating or black powder coat (add PC to SKU); contact Simpson Strong-Tie. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Special sizes can be made to order; contact Simpson Strong-Tie
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel
- Corrosion Information
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|ST12||54||16||1 1/4||11 5/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST18||54||16||1 1/4||17 3/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST2115||33||20||3/4||16 5/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST2122||33||20||2 1/16||12 13/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST22||54||16||1 1/4||21 5/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST2215||33||20||2 1/16||16 5/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST292||33||20||2 1/16||9 5/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST6215||54||16||2 1/16||16 5/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST6224||54||16||2 1/16||23 5/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST6236||68||14||2 1/16||33 13/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|ST9||54||16||1 1/4||9||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Use half of the fasteners in each member being connected to achieve the listed loads.
- Loads are based on lesser of steel capacity or fastener calculation.
- Not all fastener holes need to be filled, as additional fastener holes are provided. Install fasteners symmetrically.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance