HCSTR Hinge Connector Strap
Use hinge connector straps for retrofit applications to strap horizontal wood members together where a hinge connector interferes.
All bolt holes shall be 1/32" (minimum) and 1/16" (maximum) larger than the bolt diameter (2015 NDS 22.214.171.124).
- HCSTR2, HCSTR3 — 7 gauge; HCSTR4 — 3 gauge
- HCSTR4 — Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint; all others — galvanized
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for longer lengths. For use with Simpson Strong-Tie hinge connectors.
These products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option, check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- Allowable loads are for straps used in pairs and include a 60% increase for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Allowable loads assume a carrying member of 5 1/8" minimum thickness with bolts in double-shear.
- Designed for HC style hinge connectors; Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for lengths for HCA and HC3A (only) style hinge connectors.
|Part ||IAPMO UES ER ||ICC-ES ESR ||City of Los Angeles ||State of Florida|
HCSTR||See specific model numbers for code listings.
HCSTR2||No evaluation report listing.
HCSTR3||No evaluation report listing.
HCSTR4||No evaluation report listing.
HCSTR4 Installed Perspective ViewDWG