MSTD Marriage Strap
On This Page
The MSTD marriage strap provides an overlapping, in-line splice between an HTT tension tie and a CMSTC16 coiled strap for panelized-roof applications where the roof member adjacent to the wall is too short to develop the required load into the roof diaphragm. The MSTD provides continuity of load without the need to splice the CMSTC16 alongside the HTT which requires additional blocking. Use MSTD4 with HTT4 and MSTD5 with HTT5.
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- The CMSTC and HTT must be spliced end-to-end without any gap
- Suitable for use with both 10d and 16d sinker nailing options for the HTT and CMSTC as specified per the Designer
- To install:
– Position HTT over the framing (do not install fasteners yet)
– Align CMSTC16 with the end of the HTT
– Position MSTD over the two connectors so that nail holes align correctly
– Install specified fasteners, filling all nail holes
- Install on minimum 4x4 blocking.
- 10d common nails may be substituted at 100% of table load.
- Allowable tension loads include a load duration increase on the fasteners for wind or earthquake with no further increase allowed.
- NAILS: 10d common = 0.148" dia. x 3" long, 16d sinker = 0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long. See other nail sizes and information.
Code Reports & Compliance