Titen HD® Rod Coupler
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Mechanical Anchors. You can also view product information related to the category: Strong-Rod® URS Components
The Titen HD Rod Coupler is designed to be used in conjunction with a single or multi-story rod tiedown system. This anchor provides a fast and simple way to attach threaded rod to a concrete stem wall or thickened slab footing. Unlike adhesive anchors, the installation requires no special tools, cure time or secondary setting process; just drill a hole and drive the anchor.
- Code listed in ESR-2713 for wind and seismic loading.
- The serrated cutting teeth and thread design enable the Titen HD rod coupler to be installed quickly and easily. Less installation time translates to lower installed cost.
- The specialized heat-treating process creates tip hardness to facilitate cutting while the body remains ductile.
- No special setting tools are required. The Titen HD rod coupler installs with regular or hammer drill, ANSI size bits and standard sockets.
- Compatible with threaded rods in 3/8" and 1/2" diameters.
- Use in dry interior environments only.
- Carbon steel
- Zinc plated
- Drill a hole using the specified diameter carbide bit into the base material to a depth of at least 1/2" deeper than the required embedment.
- Blow the hole clean of dust and debris using compressed air. Overhead application need not be blown clean.
- Tighten the anchor with appropriate size socket until the head sits flush against base material.
Oversized holes in the base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with base material and will reduce the anchor’s load capacity. Use a Titen HD rod coupler one time only. Installing the anchor multiple times may result in excessive thread wear and reduce load capacity.
Design Information and Load Tables
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Coating/Material||Size (in.)||Rod Dia. (in.)||Drill Bit Dia. (in.)||Wrench Size (in.)||Box Qty.||Carton Qty.|
|THD37634RC||Zinc Plated / Carbon Steel||3/8 x 6 3/4||3/8||3/8||9/16||25||50|
|THD50934RC||Zinc Plated / Carbon Steel||1/2 x 9 3/4||1/2||1/2||3/4||20||40|
Product Information Tables
|Size (in.)||Model No.||Accepts Rod Dia. (in.)||Drill Bit Dia. (in.)||Wrench Size (in.)||Quantity|
|3/8 x 6 3/4||THD37634RC||3/8||3/8||9/16||50||100|
|1/2 x 9 3/4||THD50934RC||1/2||1/2||3/4||20||40|
Code Reports & Compliance