FSS Furring Stabilizer Strap
The FSS is designed to provide a 1" separation between the furring channel and joist. This furring stabilizer strap allows for the use of Thermafiber® insulation and the attachment of the furring channel to all joists. The FSS is a straight strap that can be field-bent as necessary per application.
- Field-bent design to accommodate application conditions
- Provides an efficient sound barrier, and a one-hour UL-listed fire rating
- Fasten FSS to channel with #8 self-tapping steel screw (not provided)
- Twist 90°
- Bend upward and fasten to the side of joist bottom flange with screw or nail
- Thermafiber® and TJI® are registered trademarks of US Gypsum Company and Weyerhaeuser, respectively.
- UL-listed. See Underwriters Laboratory, Inc. Design No. L530 for USG gypsum board and Weyerhaeuser/TJI joists.
- Check evaluation reports for individual I-joist manufacturer approvals.
Product Information Table
Fastener Production Information and Stuff & Things
Zinc Galvanized, G90
Code Reports & Compliance