HCP Hip Corner Plate
Misc. Connectors for Engineered Wood
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Misc. Connectors for Engineered Wood. You can also view product information related to the category: Hip Connectors
The HCP connects a rafter or joist to double top plates at a 45° angle.
- 18 gauge
- HCP2 — galvanized or ZMAX® coating; HCP4Z — ZMAX coating
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Attach HCP to double top plates.
- Birdsmouth not required for table uplift loads but may be required for download.
- Install rafter and complete nailing. Rafter may be sloped to 45°.
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- For complementary ridge connection, see HRC Hip-Ridge Connectors
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Member Size||Ga.||H (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HCP1.81||1 3/4 in.||18||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HCP2||2x||18||2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- The HCP can be installed on the inside and the outside of the wall with a flat bottom chord truss and achieve twice the load capacity.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance