HSS Heavy Stud Shoe
On This Page
The HSS is designed to reinforce notched, vertical studs in construction and is used to strengthen a wall stud that has a large hole drilled through it, typically to accommodate a plumbing waste line. This heavy stud shoe installs over the outside diameter of the pipe and is used as part of a total member replacement in structural applications. The HSS provides structural resistance in both tension and compression.
- Installs over pipe up to 2 3/8" outside diameter
- Code listed for both building and plumbing codes
- Made from durable galvanized steel to resist corrosion for lasting use
- Reinforces studs which have been drilled or notched during construction
- Designed to resist both tension and compression loads
- Flared flanges that provide extra strength
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Bend flanges at 90° angle during installation, then bend back and screw into position (screws included)
- Bend flanges one cycle only
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||Product Includes||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HSS2-2KT||16||3||-||Zinc Galvanized, G90||4|
|HSS2-2-SDS3||16||3||(12) 1/4 in. x 3 in. Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HSS2-3-SDS3||16||4 9/16||(12) 1/4 in. x 3 in. Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HSS2KT||16||1 9/16||-||Zinc Galvanized, G90||4|
|HSS2-SDS1.5||16||1 9/16||(12) 1/4 in. x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HSS4-SDS3||16||3 9/16||(12) 1/4 in. x 3 in. Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Roof loads are 125% of floor loads unless limited by other criteria. Floor loads may be adjusted for load durations according to the code provided they do not exceed those in the roof column.
- Fasteners: SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance