SS Stud Shoes
On This Page
The SS is designed to reinforce notched, vertical studs in construction. This stud shoe is used to strengthen a wall stud that has a large hole drilled through it, typically to accommodate a plumbing waste line. The SS installs over the outside diameter of the pipe and is used as part of a total member replacement in structural applications.
- Installs over pipe up to 2 3/8" outside diameter
- Code listed for both building and plumbing codes
- Made from durable galvanized steel to resist corrosion for lasting use
- Reinforces studs which have been drilled or notched during construction
- Designed to resist tension loads only
- 16 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|SS1.5||16||1 9/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|SS1.5-R||16||1 9/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||25|
|SS2.5||16||2 9/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|SS3||16||3 1/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|SS4.5||16||4 9/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Roof loads are 125% of floor loads unless limited by other criteria. Floor loads may be adjusted for load durations according to the code provided they do not exceed those in the roof column.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance