APB Adjustable Post Base
On This Page
Outdoor Accents® adjustable post bases secure the post or column to concrete and are perfect for outdoor projects such as pergolas, patio covers and other top-supported structures. These post bases are part of our Outdoor Accents Mission Collection® and feature decorative edges with a southwestern flair that bring design elegance to your outdoor living areas. ZMAX® galvanized steel with a black powder-coat finish provides corrosion resistance.
The APB post bases install with the Outdoor Accents structural wood screw and patented hex-head washer (sold separately) — the only approved fastener solution for Outdoor Accents connectors. This screw and washer combination provides a decorative bolt-like connection, with the installation ease of a screw. APB models include a 1" standoff from the concrete to help avoid post-end rot caused by moisture.
- Designed to meet stringent building codes for seismic or high-wind events
- Slotted for adjustability
- Features 1" standoff to help prevent rot at post end
- Outdoor Accents side plates available (see APBDSP)
- Fastener holes are slightly offset to help prevent fastener interference
- Nominal and rough post sizes: 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, 10x10
- See table
- ZMAX® with black powder coat; APB88 and APB1010 standoff base — ZMAX only
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Use of the Outdoor Accents connectors requires use of the hex-head washer (STN22) and structural wood screw (SDWSDBB)
- APB3.75 post base is designed for use with 4x4 rough cut western red cedar lumber
- APB44 post base is designed for use with nominal 4x4 lumber; APB44R is for rough lumber
- APB66 post base is designed for use with nominal 6x6 lumber; APB66R is for rough lumber
- APB88 post base is designed for use with nominal 8x8 lumber; APB88R is for rough lumber
- APB1010 post base is designed for use with nominal 10x10 lumber; APB1010R is for rough lumber
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Explore the full Outdoor Accents product line
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Downloads may not be increased for short-term loading.
- Specifier is to design concrete and anchorage for uplift loads. See Stainless-Steel Titen HD® and SET-3G™ for more information.
- Downloads shall be reduced where limited by capacity of the post.
- All post fasteners are Outdoor Accents® SDWS22312DBB structural wood screws inserted through an STN22 hex-head washer.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for installations that lack top support (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Fasteners sold separately.
Code Reports & Compliance