APL L Strap Tie
Outdoor Accents flat L straps from Simpson Strong-Tie bring decorative appeal and lateral strength to any outdoor living space. They provide reinforcement for a connection where one lumber piece intersects another at a 90° angle. These straps are easily installed with Outdoor Accents structural screws and hex-head washers.
- ZMAX® galvanization with a black powder coat offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with Outdoor Accents structural screws and hex-head washers (sold separately) for a decorative look
- 12-gauge steel
- ZMAX® with black powder coat
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Use of the Outdoor Accents connectors requires use of the hex-head washer (STN22) and structural wood screw (SDWSDBB)
- The APL4 is designed for use with 4x or larger lumber
- The APL6 is designed for use with 6x or larger lumber
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Explore the full Outdoor Accents product line
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Lumber Size||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|APL4||4x or larger||12||3||8 1/4||8 1/4||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
|APL6||6x or larger||12||5||11 1/4||11 1/4||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Connector table loads and fastener quantities are listed for two parts. For single part installations, use half the listed values.
- All fasteners are Outdoor Accents® SDWS22312DBB structural wood screws inserted through an STN22 hex-head washer.
- Fasteners sold separately.
Code Reports & Compliance