APT T Strap
Outdoor Accents flat T straps from Simpson Strong-Tie bring decorative appeal and lateral strength to any outdoor living space. They provide reinforcement for a connection where one lumber piece intersects another at a 90° angle. These straps are easily installed with Outdoor Accents structural screws and hex-head washers.
- ZMAX® galvanization with a black powder coat offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with Outdoor Accents structural screws and hex-head washer (sold separately) for a decorative look
- 12-gauge steel
- ZMAX® with black powder coat
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Use of the Outdoor Accents connectors requires use of the hex-head washer (STN22) and structural wood screw (SDWSDBB)
- The APT4 is designed for use with 4x or larger lumber
- The APT6 is designed for use with 6x or larger lumber
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Explore the full Outdoor Accents product line
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|APT4||12||3||8 1/4||13 1/2||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
|APT6||12||5||11 1/4||17 1/2||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Connector table loads and fastener quantities are listed for two parts. For single part installations, use half the listed values.
- All fasteners are Outdoor Accents® SDWS22312DBB structural wood screws inserted through an STN22 hex-head washer.
- Fasteners sold separately.
Code Reports & Compliance