LMAZ/MAB/MASB Mudsill Anchors
Mudsill anchors provide an alternative to anchor bolts. They easily mount on forms and make finishing easier. The unique design provides installation flexibility, eliminating problems with misplaced anchor bolts. Suitable for stemwall or slab foundations, mudsill anchors are one piece so there are no more nuts and washers to lose.
LMAZ — an economical replacement for 1/2" sill plate anchor bolts
MAB/MASB — anchors mudsill to concrete block, poured walls or slab foundations
- LMAZ, MAB — 18 gauge; MASB — 16 gauge
- MAB, MASB — galvanized (also available in ZMAX® coating); LMAZ — ZMAX only. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- CMU shall have a minimum f'm = 1,500 psi and concrete shall have a minimum f'c = 2,000 psi.
- Not for use where a horizontal cold joint exists between the slab and foundation wall or footing beneath, unless provisions are made to transfer the load.
- Not for use in slabs poured over foundation walls formed of concrete block or with brick and 4" masonry block stemwalls.
- Fill CMU cell with concrete grout first, then place MASB into the grouted cell and adjust into position. Attach mudsill to anchor only after the concrete grout cures.
- CMU shall have a minimum f'm = 1,500 psi.
- The MASB Mudsill Anchors were tested in standard 8" CMU.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Flood-Resistant Construction Guide for Flood-Prone RegionsF-C-FLOODCON13This flier is designed to educate Specifiers, Building Officials, and Dealers about how to build code-compliant structures to resist the forces created by flooding and high wind.Flier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Companion for the 2001 AF&PA Wood-Frame Construction Manual for Wind DesignT-01WFCM08The T-01WFCM08 is a 24-page technical bulletin designed to be used in conjunction with the 2001 edition of the Wood Frame Construction Manual.Technical Bulletin
MAB with Large MudsillsL-C-MABLRGSIL16Simpson Strong-Tie® MAB (Z) mudsill anchors on 2x8, 2x10 and 2x12 mudsills.Engineering Letter
Show 4 MoreShow Less
Product Information Tables
Prescriptive Anchor Spacing
- "Prescriptive" denotes designs per the IRC or conventional provisions of the IBC for wind speeds 100 mph or less, or for Seismic Design Category D and less (SDC E and less in IBC).
- Spacing is based on parallel to plate load direction only.
- Place anchors not more than 12" from the end of sill and splices per code.
- CMU shall have a minimum f'm = 1,500 psi and concrete shall have a minimum f'c = 2500 psi.
- Spacings apply to DF, SP, and HF sill plates.
- Loads have been increased for short-term loading.
- For uplift loads, provide attachment from mudsill to building's structural components to prevent cross-grain bending.
- LMAZ installed attached to the stud has no load reduction for parallel and perpendicular loads and an uplift of 600 lbs. for LMA4 and 835 lbs. for LMA6.
- For concrete stemwall applications, allowable loads are based on a minimum concrete stemwall width of 6".
- Uplift loads do not apply to MAB installed on 2x8, 2x10, 2x12 sill plates.
- Nails: 10d x 1 1/2" = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long. See other nail sizes and information.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|LMA4||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LMA4Z||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|LMA6||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LMA6Z||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|MAB||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|MABZ||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|