This product is only available in Canada
The CBGT is designed to connect posts to concrete foundations for a wide range of lumber sizes. The bottom of the base plate sits flush with the concrete while its rebar posts are concealed inside the concrete. This cast-in-place (wet-set) or post-installed column base is ideal for columns that require high structural values and rugged performance.
- Increased uplift resistance for wind or seismic loading
- Cast-in-place or post-installed
- Rebar feature requires smaller concrete edge distance
- Strap and Base: 7 gauge or 3 gauge (depending on model)
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint, or hot-dip galvanized (custom order)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install all models with bottom of base plate flush with concrete.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Contact engineered wood manufacturers for connections that are not installed through the wide face of the lumber.
- Install 1/4" x 2" Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are provided with the column base. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- Minimum 3" side cover on concrete is required.