CBGT Column Base
On This Page
This product is only available in Canada
The CBGT is designed to connect posts to concrete foundations for a wide range of lumber sizes. The bottom of the base plate sits flush with the concrete while its rebar posts are concealed inside the concrete. This cast-in-place (wet-set) or post-installed column base is ideal for columns that require high structural values and rugged performance.
- Increased uplift resistance for wind or seismic loading
- Cast-in-place or post-installed
- Rebar feature requires smaller concrete edge distance
- Strap and Base: 7 gauge or 3 gauge (depending on model)
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint, or hot-dip galvanized (custom order)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install all models with bottom of base plate flush with concrete.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Contact engineered wood manufacturers for connections that are not installed through the wide face of the lumber.
- Minimum 3" side cover on concrete is required.
- For CBGT model with rebar option, add “GT” to the model name, i.e., CBGT44. (Base plate comes 3 ga. for all CBGTs).
Product Information Table
|CBGT1010||10 X 10 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT1212||12 X 12 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT44||4 X 4 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT46||4 X 6 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT48||4 X 8 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT5-4.5||5 X 4-1/2 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT5-6||5 X 6 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT66||6 X 6 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT66R||6 X 6 ROUGH COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT68||6 X 8 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT7 1/8-4||COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT7 1/8-6||COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT7 1/8-7||COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT7-6||7 X 6 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT7-7.5||7 X 7-1/2 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT7-9||7 X 9 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT86||6 X 8 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT88||8 X 8 COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT88R||8 X 8 ROUGH COLUMN BASE|
|CBGT9-9||9 X 9 COLUMN BASE|
For stainless-steel fasteners, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
- Factored uplift resistances have been increased 15% for earthquake or wind loading, with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- PSL is parallel strand lumber.
- Factored resistances shown assume dry service condition (KSF = 1.00). Multiply table values by 0.67 for uplift under wet service conditions.
- Factored uplift resistance for CBGT option is 4350 lb. (19.35 kN).
- Designer is responsible for concrete design.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face.
- f'c shall be 20 MPa minimum.
- Nails: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1â2" long. See Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance