CBQGT Column Base
On This Page
This product is only available in Canada
The CBQGT uses Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which allows for fast installation, reduced reveal, high capacity and provides a greater net section area of the column compared to bolts.
- 7 gauge
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint, available in HDG
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install 1/4" x 2" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws, which are provided with the column base. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- Minimum 3" side cover on concrete is required.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Other sizes available. Check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- Other sizes available. Check with Simpson Strong‐Tie for details.
- Factored uplift resistances have been increased 15% for earthquake or wind loading, with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face.
- Designer is responsible for concrete design.
- Factored resistances shown assume dry service condition (KSF = 1.00). Multiply table values by 0.67 under wet service conditions.
- Minimum f'c shall be 20 MPa.
Code Reports & Compliance