PB Post Base
On This Page
The PB post base provides a connection between a post (or column) for decks, patio covers and other top-supported structures. Available with standard or ZMAX® galvanization, which offers extra corrosion resistance for outdoor or treated-wood applications.
- 12 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX or HDG coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Install either nails or bolts.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Holes are provided for installation with either 0.162" x 3 1/2" nails or 1/2" bolts for PB66 and PB66R; all other models use 0.162" x 3 1/2" nails only. A 2" minimum sidecover is required to obtain the full load.
Wood Construction Connectors 2021-2023
A catalog including new product information as well as any applicable specification and installation instructions for wood-to-wood and wood-to-concrete structural connectors.
Conectores para la construcción con madera 2021–2023
El catálogo incluye información sobre nuevos productos, así como especificaciones e instrucciones de instalación aplicables para conectores estructurales de madera a madera y de madera a concreto.
High Wind Guide
A comprehensive guide to help Designers select the most appropriate connections for challenging, high-wind regions.
Deck Connection and Fastening Guide
A guide to deck building and for retrofitting safer, longer-lasting outdoor decks, with 2018 and 2021 IRC/IBC code-compliant solutions for using the latest anchors, connectors and fasteners.
Connectors Installed on SCL Columns
A technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, with connector solutions (PCZ and EPC) added to the column bases and caps section.
These products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option, check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- Loads may not be increased for duration of load.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength, f'c = 2500 psi.
- Multiply seismic and wind ASD uplift and lateral load values by 1.43 or 1.67, respectively, to obtain LRF D capacities.
- In accordance with IBC Section 1613.1, detached one- and two-family dwellings in Seismic Design Category (SDC) may use “Wind and SDC A&B” allowable loads.
- Downloads shall be reduced where limited by capacity of the post.
- For lateral loads for all PB models: F1 allowable = 765 lbs. F2 allowable = 1325 lbs.
- Designer is responsible for concrete design.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers known as the narrow face. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face. See technical bulletin T-C-SCLCLM for load reductions resulting from narrow-face installations.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance