BC/BCS Post Caps
The BCS allows for the connection of 2-2x's to a 4x post or 3-2x's to a 6x post. Double shear nailing between beam and post gives added strength! The BC series offers dual purpose post cap/base for light cap or base connections.
Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Use hot-dip galvanized (HDG) nails with ZMAX and HDG connector products. Use Type 316 stainless-steel nails with our stainless-steel connector products.
- Do not install bolts into pilot holes.
- BCS: install dome nails on beam; drive nails at an angle through the beam into the post below to achieve the table loads.
- BC: install with 16d commons or 16dx2 1/2" joist hanger nails.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- To tie multiple 2x members together, the Designer must determine the fasteners required to join members to act as one unit without splitting the wood.
- Some products may be installed with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See model table.
- View step-by-step installation instructions in the Installer's Pocket Guide (S-C-INSTALL).
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Do Your Decks Meet Code?/Patio Cover SystemDIY-DECKPATIO16A two-sided tearpad showing connections on one side, while the other side shows the connectors and fasteners needed for a patio cover system. Newer product recommendations are included.Flier
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE13This guide provides a range of info that makes it user-friendly for DIY and novice contractors while retaining a level of detail for more experienced builders.Flier
Critical Deck ConnectionsS-DECKCONTP12A color tearpad targeting DIY’ers as an educational reference guide for safe deck construction. The piece outlines the vital components of a deck constructed with a continuous load path in mind.Flier
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
Connectors Installed on SCL Columns, Limit States DesignT-C-SCLCLMCAN13This technical bulletin for Canadian Limit States discusses the structural properties of the two different surface sides of columns made from structural composite lumber.Technical Bulletin
Show 8 MoreShow Less
Load Values with Carbon Steel Nails
These models are approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See the load values below.
- Allowable loads have been increased 60% for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face. See technical bulletin T-C-SCLCLM for values on the narrow face (edge).
- Base allowable loads assumes nails have full penetration into supporting member. Loads do not apply to end grain post installations.
- NAILS: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long. See other nail sizes and information.
|Model No.||Fasteners||Allowable Loads (160)|
|To Beam||To Post||Uplift||Lateral|
|ModelNo.||Nominal Post Size||Fasteners||Allowable Loads|
|Beam Flange||Post Flange||Uplift||Lateral F1|
|ModelNo.||Nominal Post Size||Fasteners||Allowable Loads|
|Post Flange||Base Bottom||Uplift||Lateral F1||Lateral F2||Download|
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|BC||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|BC4||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25714 RR25910||FL10860|
|BC40R||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|BC40SS||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|BC460||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|BC4SS||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|BC4Z||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25714 RR25910||FL10860|
|BC60R||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|BC60Z||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|BC80||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|BC80R||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|BCS||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|BCS2-2/4||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25714 RR25910||FL10860|
|BCS2-2/4SS||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
|BCS2-2/4Z||ESR-2604 ESR-2523 ESR-3096||RR25714 RR25910||FL10860|
|BCS2-3/6SS||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction