BC Post Cap
The BC post cap is designed to connect a beam to a post. The 18-gauge material of this post cap makes it ideal for light-duty connections. The BC provides uplift and lateral resistance and includes sizes for both nominal and rough lumber.
- Opposing flanges provide increased lateral resistance
- Attains full allowable load using either common nail or pneumatic nail sizes
- Light-gauge material designed for light-duty applications
- 18 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Do not install bolts into pilot holes
- Install with 0.162″ x 3 1/2″ nails or 0.162″ x 2 1/2″ nails
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Nominal Post Size||Ga.||W1 (in.)||W2 (in.)||L1 (in.)||L2 (in.)||H1 (in.)||H2 (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|BC4||4x||18||3 9/16||3 9/16||2 7/8||2 7/8||3||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC46||4x6||18||3 9/16||5 1/2||4 7/8||2 7/8||3 1/2||2 1/2||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC46R||4x6 rough||18||4||6||4||4||3||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC46Z||4x6||18||3 9/16||5 1/2||4 7/8||2 7/8||3 1/2||2 1/2||ZMAX®||1|
|BC4R||4x rough||18||4||4||4||4||3||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC4SS||4x||18||3 9/16||3 9/16||2 7/8||2 7/8||3||3||Stainless Steel||1|
|BC4Z||4x||18||3 9/16||3 9/16||2 7/8||2 7/8||3||3||ZMAX®||1|
|BC6||6x||18||5 1/2||5 1/2||4 3/8||4 3/8||3 3/8||3 3/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC6R||6x rough||18||6||6||6||6||3||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC6SS||6x||18||5 1/2||5 1/2||4 3/8||4 3/8||3 3/8||3 3/8||Stainless Steel||1|
|BC6Z||6x||18||5 1/2||5 1/2||4 3/8||4 3/8||3 3/8||3 3/8||ZMAX®||1|
|BC8||8x||18||7 1/2||7 1/2||7 1/2||7 1/2||4||4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
For stainless-steel fasteners, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
BC4 is approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers known as the narrow face. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face. See technical bulletin T-C-SCLCLM for load reductions resulting from narrow-face installations.
- Base allowable loads assume that nails have full penetration into the supporting member. Loads do not apply to end-grain post installations.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance