PCZ/EPCZ Post Caps
The next-generation PCZ/EPCZ post caps are designed with their post and beam flanges in-line so that one PCZ/EPCZ model can accommodate several post sizes. The PCZ/EPCZ now uses easier-to-install 10d common nails. An alternate choice of fasteners is Strong-Drive® #9x1 1/2" SD Connector screws. ZMAX® finish is standard to meet exposure conditions in many environments. See additional corrosion information.
ZMAX coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Do not install bolts into pilot holes.
- Some products may be installed with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See model table.
- For end conditions, specify EPCZ post caps.
- For heavy duty applications, see CC and CCQ series.
- For retrofit applications, see AC and LC Series.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Load-Rated Solutions for Securing DuraPine™ Columns from CoxS-C-23COXHC16S-C-23COXHC16 is a two-page flier featuring Post Bases and Caps product information that are tested and assigned load values specific for use with Cox DuraPine hollow columns.Flier
Load-Rated Solutions for Securing RealPost™ Columns from WoodtoneS-C-23WDTONE16S-C-WDTONE16 is a two-page flier featuring Post Bases and Caps product information that are tested and assigned load values specific for use with Woodtone RealPost hollow columns.Flier
Versatile, Easy-to-Install Post CapsF-C-PCZEPCZ14Introducing the next-generation PCZ and EPCZ post caps. The flier shows how the new in-line flanges help make installation easier while allowing one part to accommodate several different post sizes.Flier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
PC/EPC Conversions (DF/SP)L-C-PCEPCCONV15PC/EPC to PCZ/EPCZ Conversion Recommendations for DF-L & SP Lumber.Engineering Letter
Show 6 MoreShow Less
Load Values with Nails
These models are approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See the load values below.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Uplift loads do not apply to spliced conditions. Spliced conditions must be detailed by the Designer to transfer tension loads between spliced members by means other than the post cap.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face and do not allow for installation into the narrow face.
- Post and beam may consist of multiple members provided they are connected independently of the post cap fasteners.
- 10dx2 1/2 (0.148" dia. x 2 1/2" long) nails may be used with no load reduction for uplift and 0.85 of the table loads for lateral.
- Strong-Drive® SD9x1 1/2 Connector screws may be substituted for table fasteners with no load reduction.
- Models available for rough size lumber, specify RZ suffix. Ex. PC4RZ.
- NAILS: 10d = 0.148” dia. x 3” long.
See other nail sizes and information.
SCREWS: SD9112 = 0.131" dia. x 1 1/2" long.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|EPCZ||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|PC4RZ||ESR-2604 ESR-2523||RR25714||FL10860 FL11470|
|PC4Z||ESR-2604 ESR-2523||RR25714||FL10860 FL11470|
|PC6RZ||ESR-2604 ESR-2523||RR25714||FL10860 FL11470|
|PC6Z||ESR-2604 ESR-2523||RR25714||FL10860 FL11470|
|PC8RZ||ESR-2604 ESR-2523||RR25714||FL10860 FL11470|
|PC8Z||ESR-2604 ESR-2523||RR25714||FL10860 FL11470|
|PCZ||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction
PC6Z bottom viewDWG
PC8Z bottom viewDWG