HFN Panelized Construction Hanger
On This Page
Modeled after the first hangers created by Simpson Strong-Tie, the HFN hanger has a proven track record of dependability. The HFN is designed specifically for the panelized roof industry that uses jigs or similar devices for precision fabrication. Due to expedited installation, the HFN is a cost-effective top-flange hanger.
- Compression dimples, instead of joist nails, lock the joist in place, making installation faster
- Designed to allow panels to drop easily into place
- For panelized roof construction only
- 18 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- For additional information on retrofit options see flier RUZ/NRUZ Retrofit U Hangers for Panelized Roof Construction (F-C-RUZNRUZ)
- Installing two nails through sheathing in middle of hanger achieves full load. See product illustrations for fastener location requirements. See technical bulletin HF24N and HF26N Panelized Roofing Hangers (T-C-HFHANGER) for alternate nailing and allowable load adjustments.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Joist Size||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||TF (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HF24N||2x4||18||1 9/16||3 3/8||1 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HF24NZ||2x4||18||1 9/16||3 3/8||1 1/4||ZMAX®||1|
|HF26N||2x6||18||1 9/16||5 3/8||1 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HF26NZ||2x6||18||1 9/16||5 3/8||1 1/4||ZMAX®||1|
|HF34N||3x4||18||2 9/16||3 3/8||1 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HF34NZ||3x4||18||2 9/16||3 3/8||1 1/4||ZMAX®||1|
|HF36N||3x6||18||2 9/16||5 3/8||1 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|HF36NZ||3x6||18||2 9/16||5 3/8||1 1/4||ZMAX®||1|
- 0.148" x 3" nails can be used for specified 0.148" x 2 1/8" nails.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance