BC Post Base
The BC post base is designed to connect a post to a wood supporting member. The 18-gauge material of this post base makes it ideal for light-duty connections. The BC provides uplift and lateral resistance and includes sizes for both nominal and rough lumber.
- Opposing nail pattern to reduce wood splitting
- Attains full allowable load using either common nail or pneumatic nail sizes
- Light-gauge material designed for light-duty applications
- 18 gauge
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating or stainless steel. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Do not install bolts into pilot holes
- BC post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Nominal Post Size||Ga.||W1 (in.)||L1 (in.)||H1 (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|BC40||4x||18||3 9/16||3 1/4||2 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC40R||4x rough||18||4||4||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC40SS||4x||18||3 9/16||3 1/4||2 1/4||Stainless Steel||1|
|BC40Z||4x||18||3 9/16||3 1/4||2 1/4||ZMAX®||1|
|BC460||4x6||18||5 1/2||3 3/8||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC60||6x||18||5 1/2||5 1/2||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC60R||6x rough||18||6||6||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC60Z||6x||18||5 1/2||5 1/2||3||ZMAX®||1|
|BC80||8x||18||7 1/2||7 1/2||4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|BC80R||8x rough||18||8||8||4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
For stainless-steel fasteners, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers known as the narrow face. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face. See technical bulletin T-C-SCLCLM for load reductions resulting from narrow-face installations.
- Base allowable loads assume that nails have full penetration into the supporting member. Loads do not apply to end-grain post installations.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Load Values with Strong-Drive® SD Connector Screws
|ModelNo.||Nominal Post Size||Fasteners||Allowable Loads|
|Post Flange||Base Bottom||Uplift||Lateral F1||Lateral F2||Download|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
Code Reports & Compliance