HBC Post Base
This product is only available in Canada
The HBC is a post-installed saddle that offers installation flexibility and strength for connecting to 4x or 6x dressed wood posts. This post base is ideal for light connections such as patio covers, deck trellises and pergolas. With a hot-dip galvanized finish, the HBC provides additional corrosion protection for outdoor projects.
- Meets the intent of 22.214.171.124.1 of the National Building Code of Canada 2015 for resisting uplift and lateral movement
- Chamfered corners create a sleeker-looking product
- Available in a black-powder coat for applications that call for a more finished look
- Steel embossments provide added strength
- Drainage outlets help reduce the possibility of water accumulation that can potentially rot the post
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Do not install bolts into pilot holes
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports)
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Nominal Post Size||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||H (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HBC40HDG||4x||12||3 5/8||3 7/16||3||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|HBC60HDG||6x||14||5 5/8||5 7/16||3||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|HBC60RHDG||6x rough lumber||14||6 1/8||5 7/16||3||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|Model No.||Dimensions (in.)||Fasteners||Factored Resistance (KD=1.15)|
|HBC40HDG||3 5/8||3 7/16||3||(4) 16d||(4) 16d||510||615||1050||360||570||960|
|HBC60HDG||5 5/8||5 7/16||3||(4) 16d||(4) 16d||510||615||1,050||360||570||960|
|HBC60RHDG||6 1/8||5 7/16||3||(4) 16d||(4) 16d||510||615||1,050||360||570||960|
- Factored resistances have been increased 15% for seismic or wind loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Uplift resistances do not apply where bases are nailed into the end grain of post as per 126.96.36.199 CSA O86-14.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that show either the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers. Values in the table reflect installation into the wide face (see technical bulletin T-C-SCLCLMCAN in Related Literature above).
- Factored resistances shown assume dry service condition (KSF = 1.00). Multiply table values by 0.67 under wet service conditions.
- Nails: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long.
Code Reports & Compliance