PF Post-Frame Top-Flange Hanger
The PF is a top-flange hanger designed for common light-frame applications. This economical hanger is for use with 2x4 and 2x6 members. The double-shear nailing design distributes the load through two points on each joist, providing greater strength with fewer nails.
- Self-jigging design for automatic vertical alignment provides quick installation
- Diamond holes to temporarily fasten the connector for easy alignment and attachment
- Top-flange embossments to reinforce connection
- 18 gauge
- Galvanized or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- 0.148" x 3" purlin nails must be driven at an angle through the purlin into the header. Combine with top nails to achieve table loads.
- SD9 x 2 1/2" Strong Drive screws can be installed instead of nails.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Joist Size||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||B (in.)||TF (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|PF24||2x4||18||1 9/16||3 3/8||1 1/2||1 1/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|PF24Z||2x4||18||1 9/16||3 3/8||1 1/2||1 1/16||ZMAX®||1|
|PF26||2x6||18||1 9/16||5 3/8||1 1/2||1 1/16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|PF26Z||2x6||18||1 9/16||5 3/8||1 1/2||1 1/16||ZMAX®||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
These products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance