Face-Mount Hangers – Load Tables for Rough Lumber (Spruce-Pine-Fir / Hem-Fir)
These models are approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See the load values below.
- Uplift loads apply to 10d and 16d header fasteners. Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- 10d commons or 16d sinkers may be used instead of the specified 16d at 0.84 of the table load value.
- 16d sinkers may be used instead of the specified 10d commons with no load reduction.
- DF/SP loads can be used for SCL that has fastener holding capacity of Doug Fir.
- HUs can be ordered in rough sizes at full table loads. Add "X" to the model designation ex: HU28X and specify rough width or height.
Maximum width 8".
- Nails: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3" long, 10d x 1 1/2" = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long. See other nail sizes and information.