Top-Flange Hangers: Load Tables for I-Joists, Glulam and SCL, 5 1/4" x 9 1/4" – 6 3/4" LAM
The Joist Hanger Selector software enables you to select the most optimum product for your project. The software takes into consideration all the characteristics seen in this catalog.
- Loads may not be increased for duration of load.
- Uplift loads have been increased for earthquake or wind loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Uplift loads are based on DF/SP lumber. For SPF/HF, use 0.86 x DF/SP uplift load.
- When an I-joist is used as header, all nails must be 0.148" x 1 1/2", and allowable loads assume flanges that are at least 1 1/2" thick and made of Douglas fir, LVL, or LSL. For other flange thicknesses, apply load adjustment factors found in the table below.
- Hangers sorted in order of recommended selection for best overall performance and installation value.
- Other nail schedules and loads are listed on product pages.
- Web stiffeners are required where noted, when hanger is sloped or skewed, and when it supports double I-joists with flanges lesthan 1 5/16" thick in hangers that are 14 gauge and thinner.
- HGLS saddle hanger allowable loads are for each stirrup. Joist fasteners listed are for one side only. Fasteners are provided for both sides of the saddle.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions are listed diameter by length. SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. See fastener information.