Simpson Strong-Tie® fasteners and fastening
products are designed and tested for certain
applications and environments. To obtain optimal
performance from Simpson Strong-Tie products,
the products must be properly installed and used
in accordance with the installation instructions
and design limits provided by Simpson Strong-Tie
To ensure proper installation and use, designers and
installers must carefully read the following General
Notes, catalog pages for specific product installation
and instructions and notes.
Proper product installation requires careful attention
to all notes and instructions. Installers, designers,
engineers and consumers should consult the
Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc. website at strongtie.com to obtain additional design and
installation information, including:
Failure to follow fully all of the notes and instructions provided by Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc. may result in improper installation of products. Improperly installed products may not perform to the specifications set forth in this catalog.
Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc. does not guarantee the performance or safety of products that are modified, improperly installed or not used in accordance with the design and load limits set forth in this catalog.
This Limited Warranty must be read in conjunction
with the General Notes, Corrosion Information, and
Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Simpson Strong-Tie Company, Inc. ("Simpson")
warrants catalog products to be free from defects
in material or manufacturing. Simpson products are
further warranted for adequacy of design when used
in accordance with design limits in this catalog, and
properly specified and installed. This warranty does
not apply to products used not in compliance with
specific applications and installation procedures set
forth in this catalog, or to non-catalog or modified
products, or to deterioration due to environmental
Simpson products are designed to the load capacities
and uses listed in this catalog. Properly installed
Simpson products will perform in accordance
with the specifications set forth in the applicable
Simpson Strong-Tie catalog. Additional performance
limitations for specific products may be listed on the
applicable catalog pages.
Due to the particular characteristics of potential
impact events, the specific design and location of the
structure, the building materials used, the quality of
construction, and the condition of the soils involved,
damage may nonetheless result to a structure and its
contents even if the loads resulting from the impact
event do not exceed Simpson Strong-Tie catalog
specifications and Simpson Strong-Tie products
are properly installed in accordance with applicable
building codes. All warranty obligations of Simpson
shall be limited, at the discretion of Simpson to
repair or replacement of the defective part(s). These
remedies shall constitute Simpson’s sole obligation
and sole remedy of purchaser under this warranty.
This warranty may change periodically - consult this
website for current information.
SIMPSON DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED
TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO
EVENT WILL SIMPSON BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL,
CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES
OR DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OF ANY KIND,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PROPERTY
DAMAGE AND PERSONAL INJURY. SIMPSON’S
ENTIRE LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE
PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT
ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR
THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL
OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO
YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC
LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER
RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
These notes are provided to ensure proper selection and installation of Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc. products and must be followed carefully.
- Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc. reserves the right to change specifications, designs and models without notice or liability for such changes.
- Do not exceed published loads, doing so could jeopardize the connection.
- A fastener that splits the wood will not take the design load. Evaluate splits to determine if the connection will perform as required. Dry wood may split easily and should be evaluated as required. If wood tends to split consider pre-boring holes with diameters specified in the 2015 Edition National Design Specification (NDS)
sections 12.1.5 for screws and 12.1.6 for nails.
- Fasteners may break if driven into hard materials or if countersunk below the surface of the substrate fastened.
- Do not overdrive fasteners. Overdriven fasteners may have a reduction in shear and pull-through capacity.
- Use products only in accordance with all instructions.
- All specified fasteners must be installed according to the instructions in this catalog.
- There are many choices of fasteners, tools and other products. It is often difficult to determine which type of product is best suited for your application. In some cases, there may be more than one type of product that will work well. The information in this website is intended to guide the
Designer toward the product best suited for the specific application, use and environment. The choice of which product to use should be made by a qualified Designer.
- All connected members and related elements shall be designed by the Designer.
- Select fasteners of a type, size, length, thread, head, coating, material, point and other characteristics suitable for your application, use and environment. Incorrect fastener selection may cause the connection to fail.
- If using a fastener from this catalog with any other Simpson Strong-Tie product, consult the appropriate Simpson Strong-Tie catalog or appropriate section of this website for detailed information concerning the other product.
- Only use fasteners for their intended purpose as
described in this publication. Connection failures can
result from inappropriate substitution.
- Test drive fasteners to assure fasteners install correctly.
- The term "Designer" used throughout this catalog is
intended to mean a licensed/certified building design
professional, a licensed professional engineer or
- Follow material manufacturer’s installation instructions
and fastener recommendations.
- Unless otherwise noted, dimensions are in inches,
loads are in pounds and shear loads are applied
perpendicular to edge.
- Unless otherwise noted, nail "penny size" does not
imply specific diameters or load capacities. Design
standards must be used in conjunction with fastener
material, diameter and length to determine acceptable
- Use Quik Drive® tools only with authentic Quik Drive
fasteners. Other fasteners will void the warranty
and may cause the tool to malfunction and become
- If a Quik Drive product is compatible with a specified
tool, do not use the product with any other tool.
- Power-driven fasteners may deflect and injure the
operator or others. Follow the tool manufacturer's
operating instructions and use appropriate safety
- Choose the proper tool to suit the fastener and
- Use proper safety equipment and follow all safety
- Always wear protective eyewear.
- With the use of any power or pneumatic tools, follow
manufacturer’s safety instructions.
- Dissimilar metal combinations should be carefully
assessed and avoided if possible.
- All carbon steel based fasteners have the potential to
corrode and rust.
- Some hardened fasteners may have premature
failure if exposed to moisture. These fasteners are
recommended to be used in interior dry conditions.
- Select a fastener only after reading the corrosion
- Be aware of special conditions that may increase
corrosion risk and select product accordingly.
- Screws made from austenitic stainless steel are
generally softer and have less torsional strength than
screws made from carbon steel. Simpson Strong-Tie
does not assume liability for breakage or damage
due to screw breakage during or after installation.
Pre-drilling may be necessary in some case. For best
results, drive at 2,500 RPM or less.
- This catalog includes all information available as of the
effective date of publication. Please consult
the website for current information.
Quik Drive® – Warranty
This Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to all Quik Drive tools
and must be read in conjunction with the General Notes, Terms
and Conditions of Sale, and Corrosion Resistance information
contained in the current Quik Drive catalog and at
strongtie.com/info, along with any information provided with
a Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc. ("Simpson") product.
Screwguns, screw driver motors and batteries that may be
supplied with the Quik Drive tools are manufactured by others and
are warranted only by their respective manufacturers. Simpson
Strong-Tie warrants the Quik Drive tools to the original purchaser
to be free from substantial defects in material, manufacturing, and
design for the lifetime of the product, if properly stored, maintained
and used. This Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or
any Quik Drive tool that was: (1) purchased other than from an
authorized Simpson Strong-Tie dealer, retailer or distributor;
(2) modified or altered; (3) used with any fasteners other than
authentic Quik Drive fasteners; (4) improperly serviced; or (5) subject
to negligence, excessive uses, or any use not in accordance
with the printed materials provided with the Quik Drive tool as
determined by Simpson Strong-Tie. Purchaser’s sole remedies are
replacement or repair upon return to Simpson Strong-Tie with proof
of purchase (shipping prepaid by purchaser). To obtain warranty
service go to strongtie.com or contact Simpson Strong-Tie
promptly at (800) 999-5099. The repaired or replaced Quik Drive
tool is warranted under the terms of this Warranty.
SIMPSON DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL SIMPSON
BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL,
PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR DIRECT OR
INDIRECT LOSS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED
TO PROPERTY DAMAGE AND PERSONAL INJURY. SIMPSON’S
ENTIRE LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF
THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS
ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION
OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE
ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO
YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL
RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT
VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Additional Quik Drive® Safety Warnings
Safe Work Area
- Keep work area clean and well lit.
- Do not operate Simpson Strong-Tie® Quik Drive® tools in dangerous environments. Do not expose tools to rain, or use them in damp or wet locations. Do not use Quik Drive tools in the presence of flammable liquids, dust or gases, as they can create sparks.
- Keep bystanders, children and visitors away while operating a Quik Drive Tool. Distractions can cause accidents and serious bodily injury.
Reduce Risk of Electrical-Related Accidents
- Guard against electrical shock. Prevent body contact with grounded surfaces.
- Never modify the tool power plug in any way. Always use a plug with a matching outlet. Use of proper, unmodified plugs and outlets reduces the risk of electric shock.
- Do not abuse the power cord. Never carry a tool by its cord or pull the cord to disconnect from an outlet or other receptacle. Keep cord away from heat, oil, sharp edges or moving parts. Replace damaged cord immediately. Damaged cords increase the risk of electrical shock.
- When operating a tool outside, use extension cords suitable for outdoor use.
- Stay alert. Do not use a Quik Drive tool while tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication. Use common sense when operating the tool. Inattention while operating Quik Drive tools may result in serious bodily injury.
- Dress properly when using a Quik Drive tool. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. Keep your hair, clothing and gloves away from moving parts. Loose clothes, long hair or jewelry can be caught in moving parts and result in serious bodily injury.
- Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
- Always use safety equipment such as wearing protective glasses, dust masks, non-skid safety shoes, safety harnesses hard hats and/or earplugs.
Quik Drive Tool Use and Care
- Do not force the Quik Drive tool. Use the correct tool for the application.
- When not in use, Quik Drive tools should be stored in a dry place and out of the reach of children and other untrained persons.
- Disconnect the plug from power source before making adjustments, changing accessories, or storing tool.
- Maintain Quik Drive tools with care. Follow instructions for lubricating and changing accessories.
- Regularly check for misalignment or binding of moving parts, and other conditions that my affect operation.
- Use only accessories recommended by Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc.
- Any repairs to electric tools should be performed by qualified personnel. Use only authorized parts.
- Do not use wet or spray lubricants on any Quik Drive parts
that may attract wood, metal or drywall dust.