Column with Standard Base Plate Installation
- Locate column line by using centerline of anchorage template.
- Install anchorage kit for each column and place concrete footing.
- Remove anchorage template (MFTPL) and re-install four (4) leveling nuts.
- Lower columns onto anchor bolts.
- Level columns by raising or lowering the leveling nuts under base plate.
- Secure columns in place by tightening the nuts above base plate, provided with columns.
- Place 5,000 psi (min.) non-shrink grout under base plate prior to loading frame. (Simpson Strong-Tie® FX-228 recommended.)
Refer to SMF Installation for additional frame installation information.