Simpson Strong-Tie offers complimentary design services to assist those Specifiers considering the inclusion of the Strong-Rod™ Anchor Tiedown System (ATS) for Shearwall Overturning Restraint. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for more information or for Design Services. For years, Simpson Strong-Tie has leveraged its testing and overall industry experience to provide world-class, customized design services for Designers of multi-story wood structures. Download our ATS Design Spreadsheet, provide the demand loads for the system along with some specific project requirements, and we will design the runs for you.
Once the design information and loads are put into the spreadsheet, submit the web form to our Design Services. Our team will design custom runs to include the most cost-effective ATS products and quickly return installation drawings and calculations to you.
- Determine the shearwall layout and establish the shearwall overturning demand loads.
- Download the ATS Design spreadsheet. Fill out the requested information and submit to our Design Services. We’ll review your submittal and contact you if we have any questions. In a few days you will receive a complete ATS design package to include with your project submittal. The package will include:
- Calculation package for each unique rod run
- Elevation drawings for each unique rod run identifying each component in the run
- Layout for proper placement of individual runs when not supplied by Designer
- Typical detail sheet showing installation details
- RFI/Layout identifying areas requiring additional clarifications
- General notes to include in the plans
- Upon request
- Compression post design and specification
- Anchorage to concrete podium slab options to aid your anchorage specification
Specify Run ID Callouts - Specify Run ID Callouts using Strong-Rod Systems load tables
Deferred Submittals - Provide loads and generic specifications on drawings
Also see Specification Considerations.