Your Partner During the Project Design Phase
Simpson Strong-Tie offers complimentary design services to assist those Specifiers considering the inclusion of the Strong-Rod Anchor Tiedown System (ATS) for shearwall overturning restraint. For years, Simpson Strong-Tie has leveraged its testing and overall industry experience to provide world-class, customized design services for Designers of multi-story wood structures.
Why Use Our Engineering Design Services?
- Receive customized shearwall overturning restraint solutions
- Collaborate during the project design phase
- Receive a full set of drawings and calculations to add to your submittal
- Maintain the flexibility to provide the most cost-effective solution for your project
- Gain trusted technical expertise in critical rod tiedown system design considerations
Typical Engagement Process
- Determine the shearwall layout and establish the shearwall overturning demand loads.
- Visit strongtie.com/srs to download the ATS spreadsheet. Fill out the requested information and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll review your submittal and contact you if we have any questions. In a few days, you will receive a complete ATS design package to include with your project submittal. The package will include:
- Calculations for each unique rod run
- Elevation drawings for each unique run identifying each component in the rod run
- Typical detail sheet showing installation details
- General notes to include in the plans
- Upon request
- Compression post design and specification
- For podium slab anchor reinforcement solution options, see ATS Shallow Podium Anchor for calculations, load tables and detail options