URS: Method 3 – Design Services from Simpson Strong-Tie
Simpson Strong-Tie offers complimentary design services for its Strong-Rod™ Uplift Restraint System for Roofs (Strong-Rod URS) to help you meet the rigorous demands of ICC-ES AC391. Designers can leverage our unmatched continuous rod tiedown system expertise and collaborate during the project design phase to identify any potential issues.
When working with Simpson Strong-Tie, Designers not only enjoy the benefits of having the only continuous rod system with an evaluation report (ESR-1161) proven to meet the requirements of ICC-ES AC391, they also receive a full design package of AutoCAD drawings and calculations to add to submittals.
How it Works
- Determine the bearing wall layout that will resist the roof uplift loads. Indicate the wind design requirements for the project.
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie Design Services by visiting our Request for Information page. We'll review your submittal and contact you if we have any questions. Within a few days, the Designer will receive a complete Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Rod URS design package to include with your project submittal. The package will include:
- Preliminary determination of and consultation on wind uplift forces
- Calculation package for each unique rod run with anchorage solutions
- Elevation drawings for each unique rod run identifying each component in the run
- Typical detail sheet showing installation steps
- General notes to include in the plans
- Suggested anchorage solutions to aid the Designer in this specification area