Steel Strong-Wall®: Cold-Formed Steel Two-Story Stacked on Concrete Foundations
A complete stacked-wall solution for two-story applications. Now there is a Steel Strong-Wall® option for two-story cold-formed steel installations that combines simplified installation with superior performance.
- Some of the highest loads in the industry, and design procedures that account for cumulative overturning.
- Complete concrete anchorage designs for two-story applications (foundation design by Designer).
- No bearing plates to install. Walls can be placed flush against a corner.
- Same anchor bolt template as single-story installation.
- Compression loads transferred by nut/rod.
CFS Two-Story Stacked-Wall Product Data - Bottom Wall
- Specify height when ordering “X-STK” models
- See Cold-Formed Steel on Concrete Foundations for product data on top wall.
CFS Two-Story Stacked-Wall Connection Kit
- Two heavy hex nuts included with each wall.
Vertical Panel - 118 mil (10 ga)
Vertical Panel - Galvanized; Top and Base Plates - Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint (cold galvanizing available, contact Simpson Strong-Tie)
2012 IBC Allowable Shear & Drift Values
Anchor Tension Equations
Steel Strong-Wall Two-Story Design Example: Cold-Formed Steel Two-Story Wall Design
C-CFS-15 (Cold-Formed Steel), pages 152-155
Order free catalogs by mail