Steel Strong-Wall® Cold-Formed Steel Two-Story Stacked-On Concrete Foundations
A complete stacked-wall solution for two-story applications. Now there is a Steel Strong-Wall option for two-story cold-formed steel installations that combines simplified installation with superior performance.
- Some of the highest loads in the industry, and design procedures that account for cumulative overturning.
- Complete concrete anchorage designs for two-story applications (foundation design by designer).
- No bearing plates to install. Walls can be placed flush against a corner.
- Same anchor bolt template as single-story installation.
- Compression loads transferred by nut/rod.
TSS - Bottom Wall
|Model||Width (in)||H Range (in)||No. Screws in Top of Wall|
|S/SSW15X||15||80.063 - 121||6|
|S/SSW18X||18||80.063 - 121||9|
|S/SSW21X||21||80.063 - 121||12|
|S/SSW24X||24||80.063 - 121||14|
- Thickness = 3 1/2" for all models
CFS Two-Story Stacked-Wall Connection Kit
|Wall Width (in)||Model No.||No. Screws in Top of Wall|
|15||SSW15-2KT||(1) Shear-Transfer Plate (with #14 self-drilling screws, included)
(2) 1"x48" Threaded Rods F1554 Grade 36
(6) Heavy Hex Nuts
- Two heavy hex nuts included with each wall.
Vertical Panel - 118 mil (10 ga)
Vertical Panel - Galvanized; Top and Base Plates - Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint (cold galvanizing available, contact Simpson Strong-Tie)
Load Tables and Design Example
See Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction catalog
Top Wall Naming Legend
Bottom Wall Naming Legend