Steel Strong-Wall®: Installation for Standard Application on Concrete Foundations
- Do not cut the Steel Strong-Wall® or enlarge existing holes. Doing so will compromise the performance of the wall.
- Do not use an impact wrench to tighten nuts on the anchor bolts.
- Maximum shim thickness between the Steel Strong-Wall and top plates or header is 7/8" using Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® 1/4" x 3 1/2" SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. For additional shim thicknesses, see C-L-SW14-p076.
- Walls with 2x4 pre-attached studs may also be used in 2x6 wall framing. Install the wall flush to one face of the framing and add furring to the opposite side.
- Walls may be installed with solid or multi-ply headers, see C-L-SW14-p077.
Steel Strong-Wall Installation Video
U.S. Patent 8,281,551
Canadian Patent 2,489,845