PSPNZ Protecting Shield Plate
On This Page
Protect and Repair
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Protect and Repair. You can also view product information related to the category: Misc. Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
Nail stoppers help prevent nails from piercing pipes and electrical lines. Install over utilities that pass through framing members.
PSPN protecting shield plate nail stoppers meet IRC, IBC and the International Plumbing Code. PSPN516Z meets the code plumbing protection requirements as well as having additional fasteners if the designer chooses to use it as a track splice strap.
- 54 mil (16 ga.)
- ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- PSPN516Z — 0.162" x 3 1/2" nails
- For more information refer to flier Code-Compliant Repair and Protection Guide (F-C-REPAIRPRO)
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
- Corrosion Information
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- PSPN516Z sill plate installation requires (12) 0.162" x 3 1/2" nails. Double top plate installation requires (16) or (24) 0.162" x 3 1/2" nails.
- To meet the prescriptive IBC requirement, 0.135" dia. x 3 1/2" long nails may be used. Allowable tension load is 0.75 of table loads when installed with 0.135" dia. x 3 1/2" nails. To meet the 2012–2021 IRC prescriptive requirement, 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long nails may be used.
Code Reports & Compliance