RPS Strap Tie
On This Page
The RPS meets IBC, IRC and City of Los Angeles code requirements for HVAC and pipes in walls.
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Use RPS22 or RPS28 (16 gauge) to reinforce top plate
- Use RPS18Z, RPS22Z or RPS28Z (16 gauge ZMAX) to reinforce sill plate
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- To meet the prescriptive IRC requirement, 0.148" x 1 1/2" nails may be used.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance