RPS Strap Tie
The RPS meets IBC, IRC and City of Los Angeles code requirements for HVAC and pipes in walls.
- Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Use RPS22 or RPS28 (16 gauge) to reinforce top plate
- Use RPS18Z, RPS22Z or RPS28Z (16 gauge ZMAX®) to reinforce sill plate
- International Residential Code® — 2012/2015 R602.6.1
- International Building Code® — 2012 2308.9.8; 2015 2308.5.8
- Also see Code Reports table
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Corrosion Information
- Corrosion-Resistant Products
- Loads include a 60% load duration increase on the fasteners for wind or earthquake loading.
- To meet the prescriptive IRC requirement 10dx1 1/2 (0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long) may be used.
- NAILS: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long. See other nail sizes and information.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|RPS||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|RPS18Z||ESR-2608 ESR-2523||RR25725||FL10667 FL10864|
|RPS22Z||ESR-2608 ESR-2523||RR25725||FL10667 FL10864|
|RPS28Z||ESR-2608 ESR-2523||RR25725||FL10667 FL10864|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction