L L-Shaped Angle
On This Page
Reinforcing and Skewable Angles
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Reinforcing and Skewable Angles. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Joist Framing Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Rigid Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The L angle is a general utility-reinforcing connector with multiple uses. The durable design and fastening options of these load-rated skewable angles make them an ideal option compared to field-fabricated clip angles. The L angle has well-defined fastener locations, and testing ensures that the tabulated load values account for connection eccentricities.
- Staggered nail pattern reduces the possibility for splitting
- Available in multiple sizes to ensure proper selection for the specific use
- Load rated for wood and cold-formed steel applications
- 54 mil (16 ga.)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Nail the L angle’s wider leg into the joist to ensure table loads and allow correct nailing
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
- Corrosion Information
Load Values with Nails
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Connectors are required on both sides to achieve F2 loads in both directions.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. SD screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive SD Connector screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
|Model No.||Fasteners||DF/SP Allowable Loads||SPF/HF Allowable Loads|
|Floor (100)||Snow (115)||Roof (125)||(160)||Floor (100)||Snow(115)||Roof (125)||(160)|
Code Reports & Compliance