RPBZ Retrofit Post Base
The RPBZ retrofit post base is designed to reinforce existing posts and columns. The single, versatile model will fit on any size post consisting of a double 2x4 or larger. RPBZ can also be used to reinforce new post-base connections, such as braced carports, patio covers, decks and other structures. The RPBZ can be installed with the CPS composite plastic standoff to meet a 1" post standoff code requirement. A single RPBZ can be installed on a post that is flush to a corner, and two RPBZs can be installed at away-from-edge conditions to fortify the post-base connection to resist both wind and seismic forces.
Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws install easily and provide excellent holding strength for post-to-flange connections. Additionally, the RPBZ can be purposed as a temporary base fixture for posts when shoring beams. RPBZ comes standard in ZMAX® finish to meet exposure conditions in many environments. See additional Corrosion Information.
- 12 gauge
- ZMAX coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Simpson Strong-Tie 1/4" x 1 1/2" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector and base connection fasteners are not provided with RPBZ. Simpson Strong-Tie CPS series composite post standoff sold separately.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations, such as fences or unbraced car ports.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE17A guide to recognizing deck deficiencies and building safer, stronger, longer-lasting outdoor deck structures.Product Guide
Soft-Story Retrofit GuideF-L-SSRG16A design guide on soft-story retrofits, including soft-story design codes and requirements, retrofit solutions and design tools.Flier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
RPBZ on 5/4" SP DeckingL-C-RPBZSYP17Simpson Strong-Tie® RPBZ Retrofit Post Base Installed on 5/4-inch Southern Pine Decking.Engineering Letter
Show 4 MoreShow Less
RPBZ Connector-Only Values
RPBZ Anchorage-to-Concrete Values
- Allowable load for design shall not exceed minimum of Connector Only Value and Anchorage to Concrete Value.
- Allowable connector loads are based on DF/SP lumber. For SPF/HF, multiply table loads by 0.72.
- Double 2x4s may be used in lieu of 4x4 post.
- For installation on 6x or larger members, if four RPBZs are used, allowable loads may be taken to be 1.5 x the tabulated two-part value.
- For installations into concrete, minimum compressive strength, f'c = 2,500 psi. Designer is responsible for concrete member uplift design.
- Away From Edge loads require face of wood post to be a minimum of 2 1/2" away from near edge of concrete on all four sides of the post.
- Allowable anchorage to concrete uplift and shear loads for the 3/8" diameter anchors are calculated per ACI 318-14. Shear loads assume cracked concrete while uplift loads consider both cracked and uncracked concrete values and all are qualified for Wind and Seismic Design Categories A&B.
- Embedment depth for these post-install anchors must be a minimum 2 3/4" and are for use with SET-XP® or AT-XP® structural anchoring adhesives or Titen HD® screw anchors.
- Allowable uplift and shear loads for the Titen® masonry screws do not carry a particular “cracked” or “uncracked” designation.
- Titen masonry screws and Titen HD screw anchors should only be used in interior-dry and non-corrosive environments.
- Threads on Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws into wood framing must be fully engaged into a structural wood member.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
ESR-2523 is an Index of many of Simpson Strong-Tie Stamped and Welded Cold-formed Steel Products for Wood or Cold-formed Steel Construction