RCA Rigid Connector Angle
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Rigid Connectors. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Bridging and Bracing Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The Simpson Strong-Tie® rigid connector angle is a general purpose clip angle designed for a wide range of cold-formed steel construction applications. With prepunched holes for fastener attachment, these L-shaped clips save time and labor on the job.
- Use with miscellaneous header/sill connections to jamb studs, jamb stud reinforcement at track, u-channel bridging, stud-blocking, bypass curtain-wall framing, joist connections and other versatile options.
- Easy to install, with prepunched holes for quick and accurate fastener attachment
- RCAXXX/54 — 54 mil (16 ga.), 50 ksi
- RCA XXX/68 — 68 mil (14 ga.), 50 ksi
- RCAXXX /97 — 97 mil (12 ga.), 50 ksi
(Note: “XXX” is model number shown below in the Product Information Table)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified anchors/fasteners
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||Dimensions (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|RCA2211/54-R45||54||16||2 x 2||11||Zinc Galvanized, G90||45|
|RCA2211/68-R40||68||14||2 x 2||11||Zinc Galvanized, G90||40|
|RCA2211/97-R30||97||12||2 x 2||11||Zinc Galvanized, G90||30|
|RCA223/54-R150||54||16||2 x 2||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||150|
|RCA223/68-R125||68||14||2 x 2||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||125|
|RCA223/97-R90||97||12||2 x 2||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||90|
|RCA225/54-R90||54||16||2 x 2||5||Zinc Galvanized, G90||90|
|RCA225/68-R75||68||14||2 x 2||5||Zinc Galvanized, G90||75|
|RCA225/97-R55||97||12||2 x 2||5||Zinc Galvanized, G90||55|
|RCA227/54-R65||54||16||2 x 2||7||Zinc Galvanized, G90||65|
|RCA227/68-R55||68||14||2 x 2||7||Zinc Galvanized, G90||55|
|RCA227/97-R40||97||12||2 x 2||7||Zinc Galvanized, G90||40|
|RCA229/54-R50||54||16||2 x 2||9||Zinc Galvanized, G90||50|
|RCA229/68-R50||68||14||2 x 2||9||Zinc Galvanized, G90||50|
|RCA229/97-R35||97||12||2 x 2||9||Zinc Galvanized, G90||35|
|RCA333/54-R100||54||16||3 x 3||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||100|
|RCA333/68-R85||68||14||3 x 3||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||85|
|RCA333/97-R60||97||12||3 x 3||3||Zinc Galvanized, G90||60|
|RCA335/54-R60||54||16||3 x 3||5||Zinc Galvanized, G90||60|
|RCA335/68-R50||68||14||3 x 3||5||Zinc Galvanized, G90||50|
|RCA335/97-R35||97||12||3 x 3||5||Zinc Galvanized, G90||35|
RCA Rigid Connector Angles
RCA Rigid Connector Angles Allowable Loads (lb.)
RCA Rigid Connector Angles Allowable Loads (lb.) (cont.)
- As applicable, the tabulated values are calculated based on AISI RP18-4, AISI S100 or generally accepted industry standards.
- The tabulated values do not account for anchorage to the support. Anchor strength must be calculated separately and may reduce the capacity of the connection when compared to the tabulated values.
- Tabulated values do not include shear, web crippling, buckling or other local effects in the member. The designer must check member limit states separately.
- For load combinations that include F4 and/or F2 and/or F3, use an appropriate interaction equation.
- #10-16 screws shall have Pss ≥ 1,620 lb. Calculated values are per AISI S100. Screws must be installed with 3 (minimum) exposed threads.
- The number of screws is for one clip leg that is attached to the supported stud.
- In addition to calculations of net and gross section tension, F2 values are also calculated and normally controlled by weak-axis bending of the anchored clip leg with the line of bending at the holes nearest the bend radius of the angle. Moment arm of 3/4" is used for F2 loads. The designer is responsible for calculating pullover, pullout and tension strength of the anchors and this may reduce F2 strength compared to the tabulated values.
- F3 strength values are computed using the plate buckling provisions of AISI RP18-4.
- For the F4 strength values it's assumed that all of the connection eccentricity is taken by the screws in the supported stud. F4 values are also limited by plate shear buckling per AISI RP18-4. The designer is responsible for calculating the shear capacity of the anchorage, which may reduce F4 strength compared to the tabulated values.
- In addition to the limit states given in notes 7, 8 and 9, F2 , F3 and F4 are also limited by screw shear according to the thinnest connected part of the connector and stud.
- For 50 ksi studs, 68 mil (14 ga.) and thicker, use the tabulated values for 54 mil (16 ga.) — 50 ksi studs.
- For screw pattern images, please see the image gallery above.
Code Reports & Compliance