SFC Steel Framing Connector
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Rigid Connectors. You can also view product information related to the category: Bridging and Bracing Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
SFC connectors are low-cost, multi-use utility clips for light to moderate loading conditions in CFS stud-to-stud and stud-to-structure applications where long leg lengths are not required.
- Reduced number of screws reduces installation cost
- Prepunched holes reduce installation cost by eliminating predrilling
- Intuitive fastener hole positions ensure accurate clip installation in accordance with design, support a wide range of design and application requirements and provide installation flexibility
- In soft-side stud installations, SFC will not interfere with stud lips up to 3/4" long*
- Also suitable for u-channel bridging
* SFC2.25 clips will accommodate 5/8"-long stiffener clips
- 54 mil (50 ksi)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners/anchors
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|SFC2.25-R300||54||16||2 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||300|
|SFC4.25-R175||54||16||4 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||175|
|SFC6.25-R100||54||16||6 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||100|
Product Information Tables
SFC Connectors – Steel-to-Steel Allowable Loads
- Min. fastener quantity and load values — fill all round holes; Max. fastener quantity and load values — fill all round and triangular holes.
- Allowable loads are based on bracing of the members located within 12" of the connection.
- Maximum allowable load for connector that may not be exceeded when designing custom installations. Designer is responsible for member and fastener design.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance