RTB Rigid Tie® Bracket
The RTB is designed for connecting intersecting 2x members in wood construction applications. Manufactured to high-quality standards to ensure solid performance, this rigid tie features a G90 galvanized finish for added corrosion resistance and requires the use of hot-dip galvanized fasteners. The versatile RTB is ideal for building lattice, railings and shelving.
- Fastens with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SD screws (not included)
- Constructed from corrosion-resistant galvanized steel
- Easier and stronger than angled fastening
- 20 gauge
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Always follow manufacturers’ instructions when using power tools and building equipment
- Install vertical members first, then attach horizontal members for easier alignment
- Seat wood member in bracket with a C-clamp before securing to aid positioning and prevent skewing
Product Information Table
|2x post, 2x joist
|Zinc Galvanized, G90
RTB22 is approved for installation with Strong-Drive SD Connector screws.
- Fasteners: SD screws are Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance