RTC Rigid Tie® Corner Connector
On This Page
Rigid Tie® Connectors
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Rigid Tie® Connectors. You can also view product information related to the category: Two-Piece Post Caps
The RTC is a uniquely designed rigid tie connector that connects two horizontal members at a corner to a vertical wood member. Manufactured to high-quality standards to ensure solid performance, this corner rigid tie connector features a galvanized finish for added corrosion resistance.
- Compatible with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SD screws
- Constructed from corrosion-resistant galvanized steel
- Easier and stronger than angled fastening
- RTC44 14 gauge; all others 18 gauge
- Galvanized or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Always follow manufacturer’s instructions when using power tools and building equipment
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Corrosion Information
- The WBSK workbench and shelving hardware kit is a fast-easy way to build a workbench and many other DIY-type projects that need a four-corner base
These products are available with additional corrosion protection. Additional products on this page may also be available with this option, check with Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive SD Connector screws.
- Allowable loads must be equally distributed on both joists.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are diameter by length. SD screws are Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance