RTF Rigid Tie Flat Connector
On This Page
The RTF is designed to connect two horizontal 2x members to a vertical 2x4 in wood applications. Manufactured to high-quality standards to ensure solid performance, this flat rigid tie connector features a galvanized finish for added corrosion resistance.
- Fastens with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SD screws (not included)
- Constructed from corrosion-resistant galvanized steel
- Easier and stronger than angled fastening
- 18 gauge
- ZMAX® coating
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Always follow manufacturer’s instructions when using power tools and building equipment
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Post/Joist Size||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|RTF2Z||2x4 post; 2x joist||18||ZMAX®||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
RTF2Z is approved for installation with Strong-Drive SD Connector screws.
- Allowable loads must be equally distributed on both joists.
- Fasteners: SD screws are Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance