RTR Rigid Tie Rail Connector
On This Page
The RTR is designed for connecting a 2x member to another member in wood construction applications. Manufactured to high-quality standards to ensure solid performance, this rigid tie connector features a galvanized finish for added corrosion resistance. The versatile RTR is ideal for a variety of projects including fences, railings and utility furniture.
- Fastens with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SD screws (not included)
- Constructed from corrosion-resistant galvanized steel
- Easier and stronger than angled fastening
- 20 gauge
- Galvanized or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Always follow manufacturers’ instructions when using power tools and building equipment
- Install vertical members first, then attach horizontal members for easier alignment
- Seat wood member in bracket with a C-clamp before securing to aid positioning and prevent skewing
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Post/Joist Size||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|RTR||2x post; 2x joist||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|RTRZ||2x post; 2x joist||20||ZMAX®||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
RTR/RTRZ is approved for installation with Strong-Drive SD Connector screws.
- Fasteners: SD screws are Simpson Strong-TieStrong-Drive screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance