RTT Rigid Tie T Connector
On This Page
The RTT is designed to secure a horizontal 2x member to a vertical 2x member in wood applications. Manufactured to high-quality standards to ensure solid performance, this rigid tie tee connector features a galvanized finish for added corrosion resistance.
- Fastens with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SD screws (not included)
- Constructed from corrosion-resistant galvanized steel
- Easier and stronger than angled fastening
- 18 gauge
- RTT12 — galvanized (G90); RTT22Z — ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Always follow manufacturer’s instructions when using power tools and building equipment
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Post/Joist Size||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|RTT12||2x post; 1x joist||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|RTT22Z||2x post; 2x joist||18||ZMAX®||1|
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
RTT22Z is approved for installation with Strong-Drive SD Connector screws.
- Allowable loads must be equally distributed on both joists.
- Fasteners: SD screws are Simpson Strong-Tie Strong-Drive screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance