AHEP Adjustable Hip-End Purlin
On This Page
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the category: Spacing, Restraint and Bracing Products
The Simpson Strong-Tie® AHEP is a structural purlin that also serves as an installation aid during the truss-erection process. The AHEP attaches to the step-down hip trusses at the leading edge, eliminating the need for drop-top chords and C-stud fillers. The AHEP installs linearly, aligned with the end jacks, to maintain sheathing spacing from eave to hip or peak. Roof sheathing/decking attaches directly to the purlin. Adjustable in length, the AHEP is designed to accommodate a pitch range of 3/12 to 9/12.
- A structural purlin to which sheathing can be directly attached — no need to remove temporary bracing
- Accurately spaces the installed trusses and helps meet the temporary top-chord lateral restraint recommendations of WTCA/TPI BCSI on step-down hip ends
- Adjustable in length to accommodate a wide pitch range
- 20 gauge (33 mil)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- US Patent 8,443,568
- Designer shall ensure attached members are adequately designed to resist applied loads.
- Straight-line interpolation can be used to determine allowable loads for pitches between 3/12 and 9/12.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance