HS24 Hurricane Tie
On This Page
Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Roof Truss and Rafter Connectors, Ties, and Straps. You can also view product information related to the category: Seismic and Hurricane Ties
The HS24 attaches the bottom chord of a wood truss or rafter to top track and stud at pitches from 0:12 to 4:12. The HS24 saddle rafter tie is designed to help resist wind and seismic forces.
- Use for a variety of connections where one member crosses another
- Versatile clip, can be used in DIY and multiple applications
- 18 ga.
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Corrosion Information
- Seismic and Hurricane Ties DF/SP and SPF/HF Allowable Loads
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|HS24||18||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
- Allowable loads on wood have been increased 60% for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other load duration factors govern.
- Hurricane ties are shown installed on the outside of wall for clarity. Installation inside of wall is acceptable. For Continuous Load Path, connections must be on same side of wall.
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided, mechanical reinforcement to resist such force should be considered.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance